NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Usual Suspects

Recently, I watched a movie with Benicio Del Toro in it, and was reminded of the classic, The Usual Suspects. Just this weekend I heard an announcer on ESPN refer to someone in the offices of the NFL as Keyser Soze. I had to chuckle that Verbal's character has persevered so long.

Given the name of our site, I started to relate the cast of The Usual Suspects to some of our NYUS authors.


Toni Anderson would probably be our Keyser Soze. She is all innocent and smiles on the outside, but inside lurks a calculating author of romantic thrillers.

I mumble a lot, so surely I must be the Benicio Del Toro character. :) 


Gabrielle Byrne’s character is the leader of sorts. That would have to be Anne Marie Becker, as she shepherds the NYUS authors, and keeps us on a clear path.


Chazz Palminteri is the US customs agent who finally puts the pieces together. I’ll go with Julie Moffet on that one. Her Lexi Carmichael would have figured out who Keyser Soze was from the get-go.

Okay, I know I’ve gone off on a bit of a tangent here, but deadlines and commitments have stolen away my blog topic muse! 

Are there any characters out there that our NYUS authors remind you of, or are there any Hollywood characters that you think take after you?




5 comments:

Anne Marie Becker said...

LOL! Fun blog, Maureen. I don't know about my shepherdess abilities, but I try. ;) I've always loved that movie!

Maureen A. Miller said...

LOL. I'm so silly, Anne Marie. But, we definitely would be lost without you!

Rita said...

Love this. Thnaks for the giggles.

Julie Moffett said...

Hahahaha! I got the giggles from this blog!! I like how you line up all the NYUS authors to match to the fictional characters except for me. My character, not me, matches up. Lexi rules!! Lol! Great post, Gladys!! :) ox

Toni Anderson said...

LOL. I'm totally flattered and may have a limp ;)
I must watch that movie again soon. Masterfully done. Nice blog, Benicio!

More Popular Posts