NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring Motivation


Back when I became interested in writing, few authors other than Stephen King or Danielle Steel actually earned a living writing. I worked a 9-5 job, so my aim was to accumulate jewelry. Seems my first writer's checks garnered me topaz and amethyst rings and earrings. Tires for the Radillac convertible, a good used washer and dryer, and the occasional writer's conference.

I've learned to gamble on what I can accomplish without the what-ifs connected to the business. In other words, I trust myself to an extent but not the biz per se. That said, I've met my writing goals the past two years, and I'm upping my game. In 2015 I'd like to start a new charm bracelet, as long as buying doesn't interfere with living expenses, those conferences, and seeing Lex.

Others frame their book covers. I collect jewelry. I'm too old to get tats and piercings where anyone would care to see, so Tiffany's, here I come!

3 comments:

Anne Marie Becker said...

Good luck meeting your 2015 goals! I hope you'll post a picture of whatever jewelry you reward yourself with when you succeed. :)

Unknown said...

Lol. Will do, Anne Marie! Thanks!

CathyP said...

Apparently we're twins separated at birth because I love jewelry too - and it drives me nuts that people out here in the Pac NW don't wear much.
Aim for tanzanite and diamond and an Alex Sepkus ring :)

More Popular Posts